Friday, October 23, 2020

Let us get back to normal-ish


Well people I have had quite a year this 2020. We started off with the cancer then low and behold last week after not feeling so great went to the ER and now have been diagnosed with Coronary Heart Failure. Oh yeah! But this being what it is we are just going with it. 

With the Corona going on it has made it so hard for everyone to adjust. Many of you like me are waiting for things to go back to the way they were.



No it will never be the same. But we can make it better. How you ask ? Well being home sure does give you a lot of time to do stuff examples you ask

  • Gardening
  • Cooking
  • Quilting
  • Calling a friend on the phone
  • Sitting don and writing a card to a friend or loved one
  • Reading a good book
  • Spending time outdoors
  • Journaling
  • Organizing
  • Purging the house and garage
The list is endless !

This is just a few. When the pandemic broke out I was going into Chemo so I had no desire to go out any way but now well now I want to do all my stuff just like before. Luck me I have an acre of land to play on and have been out there gardening. 


Another thing I started with everyone in mind was Simi Valley Seed Savers. I am sharing seeds to be planted around Simi Valley. Also, I am going to do monthly Seed Saver Open Houses here at my home once the virus is under control. This is so that everyone with extra seeds or needing seeds can exchange and get together. 

I think Free is the key word here!



I have returned to my quilting this is a hobby that I get so much satisfaction from. I have had to struggle to do it in the past few years because everytime I started to sew or meet my quilting cronies something always stopped me. Now I have made a commitment to get back to quilting. I missed it so much. I even invested in a new sewing machine The old one was from Montgomery Wards oh lets say 1980. It was a workhorse and did a lot of work. Great thing is they took it for a trade in. There is a sewing shop called Kingdom Sewing here in SImi been here a long time and is still the lace to go locally. 

Hubby (Pa) retired that is such a blessing. He worked hard all his life and deserves a little 
He Time!


That will be an addition to the Blog. He got himself a new boat to go sport fishing fun. Note the only picture I took while looking at it was of a kitty in watching us. More to come. 

Well this seems like a good amount of information to get you up to date with Laniville. Have a blessed day ! 




No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin