Thursday, February 5, 2009

So take the day off and what happens .........

So I take the day off to be with the professional hair dresser(Heather )and we have all these plans for my day off with her..... go here ....eat there... laugh and be fun fun fun...SNAFUuuuuu the brides maids dresses are not right ...her girlfriend is getting married tomorrow night and the dresses were not right....Oh dear one mommy will go with you because I know this kid has no balls or they are not as developed as mine...So down to downtown Oxnard we go if you know this area it is a hummmmmm undeveloped area...In to the 2X2 store with the 4 no English speaking girls working on some red gown a drug addict has decided would look good for a wedding yeah as I told her reminds me of Mardi Gra to each his own.....So we march in with the 4 dresses and I start in with the fact that my daughters dress is not even hers it has Melissa on the inside tag...So the helper gets the owner on the phone who was probably hiding out in her Mercedes in the alley......Now while she is talking she waves to her friend the other "seamstress to take the dress from heather in to the back room....HoHoHo as the girl is walking back to the back room with the dress the other girls is speaking in Spanish to her boss...by now I'm done ..i puff my chest out and I say "Do you think I'm stupid I speak Spanish and I know everything that you are saying...I go to the back room rip open the curtain which is an old shower curtain and AH HA this girl is taking the label out of the dress to put in one that says Heather so we think we are nutty and they got a dress out of the magic dress hat...No Sh)#*$&$^ people.......(Now mind you I do not speak anything but English and it was but for the grace of god she was doing what she was doing because now they think I speak Spanish......So Heather tries on this dress because as this point the original dress is gone .....The other dresses that they say were pressed looked like they we never even hemmed....So they said come back in 30 minutes ...I think not my little Spanish pretty I'M staying till you are done..... So I plopped myself down on the couch that looked like it came from one of my old cowboy boyfriends front Yard minus the Budweiser cans.....So were are now into our first 45 minutes and I look at my baby girl and say lets have some fun...She looks at me like oh no mommy no ...Yep lets try on dresses ...So here are some of the pictures of my day now they are a bit cloudy cause they are from the cell phone had I know I would be modeling I would have brought the digital.......and heels.....LOL







































Oh my god did I know I was going to have so much fun with my mommy






















6 comments:

Debbe said...

Lani, you are absolutely nuts. Next time ask me to teach you the spanish I know...it will get someones attention at least...by the way, I like you in the blue dress best! What a fun day!
Hugs

simple country living! said...

Hey Lani! Never a dull moment, huh? You go girl!!! E~N~J~O~Y L~I~F~E!
aloha,
Leona

Rosanne said...

How funny!

I've also given you an award, check my blog for details!

Holee said...

The blue dress looks like a 50's bad prom dress! You are so much fun! Looks like the 2 of U had a ball!

Kathy said...

You crazy woman! I love it! I'm going to use that "I speak Spanish" line that is too funny. Looks like ya'll made it a great day!!!!!

Heather Anne said...

omg mama! this was only one of the highlights of my week down there! ! Def almost peed my pants!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin