Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Who do I think I am for gosh sakes...

So let the music set the tone for this share....Charlies Angels theme song ...Independent Woman playing as you read.......I get in my car to go to work and put on one of my daughters famous self mix CD's....SO I pull out of the driveway and the music begins first the Charlie's Angels theme song starts...Girl who could know ya could get down like that babylalalala ....well i get goin with my Sista Lani self I slowly turn the music up and start ...turning it up means my car is vibrating.......i get the Angelia Jolie lips going sexy large and puffed out like you do when you kiss a dog for god sake .....the sqwinty yet sexy eyes going and then to top it off I start to do the cobra snake head be-bopping thing going while singing at the beyond the top of my lungs...now I have the sun roof open the sun is shining on me like a spot lite from the lighting director at this concert Iam hosting in my car.... AndI know everyone yes everyone know how talented and famous Iam Iam hip-hop soul singing Iam you bet Iam Lani Franklin Abdule the Great ......Put the gosh darn brakes on because after all the street workers look at me as I gaze at them with my slighlty closed and yet sultry eyes Geez people those guys woud look at a german sherperd as long as it was in heat and wearing a sexy outfit.....So then reality hits.....and this does not bring me down it make me laugh like a hyneia....I am a53 and 3/4 year old woman with hair that resembles a Raiders football helmet ..the lips well the lipstick by the time I get to work has leaked into the little wrinkles ....the eyes well the circles are covered up with not only cover up but green stick and foundation mixed with silly putty......So those sexy sultry eyes are puffy and just beginning to awake..... and to top it all off if my neck is now in a cramp cause of my SoulTrain moves what is it????...Lesson well I am a humble girl but do not put that music on it sends me to a diffenert world and the public does not deserve to see that Wacky lady in the what I thought was a sleek red Corvette it is a white little Ford escape.....lol...... Like the next song said Heaven must be missing an Angel...God Bless......

6 comments:

gin said...

Yeh, i know the feelin. Sometimes we just have to be ourselves for a moment!!!

LINDA BYLSMA said...

You are a breath of fresh air and it is obvious you enjoy life! I'd love to spend an afternoon with you!!!

Anonymous said...

LOL! I thought you were describing me.

Kaye said...

Lani, You are toooo funny and have such a wonderful sense of humor. You are a breath of Spring, a gift to us all. Happy Valentines Day

Donna said...

Lani, I LUV U!!! I'll tell what you should be, a stand up comedian. You wouldn't have to work another day in your life. You are so funny. I just love your honesty and the way you tell things like the really are. I've never had that much fun going to work, I always enjoyed going home. You have a way of seeing the good in everything and that's what I love about you. Did I tell you I loved you today!!!! Donna
BTW DH is doing pretty good, and I've just been sewing away. I've been working on my PIF gifts so you can expect to see a package at your door within the next month if all goes as planned.

Diah Rothman said...

Lani, you are so, so good at telling stories, and it just like you are telling me personally. You always make days for everyone. Luv you Lani, for being so courageous and supportive. Thanks alot.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin