Monday, November 23, 2020

Back and Catching Up


I had no idea I had abandoned my Blog but sure enough I did. The Cancer and the Covid took me for a loop. After the cancer I have decided to close my Jam Business and truly retire. I still do a lot of preserving food and my website with all the recipes is here. 

Come by Canarella if you need any tips, tricks or recipes for preserving food. I have everything from canning, fermenting, dehydrating the list goes on and on. 



I just made some delicious Three Bean Soup yesterday for the long winter coming. That is kind funny to say here in Southern California. Today I am working on some Lemon Marmalade. The lemons and oranges are from our own garden. 

Citrus Pride Jam So the next question for Lani is:

What will you be doing with your time? 


Getting back to doing my usual stuff but a little less since the cancer and this virus are insane.

The cancer is in remission and the Heart Disease well it is what it is. I have torn myself out of the "There is no Future" to the reality of "Each Day is a Gift"    But the hair Good Lord I look like one of my chickens. 




Let's talk quilting it has been a hobby of mine for over 15 years. I love it. I started when I was working in Camarillo over 19 years ago with a fellow employee. It was at the time one of my just can't say "no" times. I took the class with her an she vanished right after. Go figure I found something I loved.



So off to quilting I went. Met my teacher Miss Rita and never looked back. We have been quilting once a week ever since that glorious class. The quilt above in the picture is one I started years ago with scraps of material from all the quilts I have done and more. 




It turned out much bigger than I ever expected but that is ok. Since then I have finished 3 others. Hey, now that I have decided to slow down I have lots of time for quilting and I got a new sewing machine. Fancy Pants here! 





The garden is doing great since last we talked I have a new raised garden well 2 new ones. One is on the lawn and the other on a patch of dirt close to the kitchen. Good for need it now vegetables. Grew some great tomatoes this year and saved plenty for seeds for next year. 



The big addition to our household is chickens. Yup after a long 10 year wait they are here.


The Chickens ! They have been named by The Bean and that is Cece, Olaf, Anna and Elisa now where did these names come from? Funny thing is that I am havng to get more use to them being around then the opposite. Soon fresh eggs and that is the whole idea they are cute but not pets. They are money savers.  


They have a beautiful home lucky birds ! 


Oh crap my Pa (hubby) bought a fishing boat he retired a few weeks back and decided to go back to the sea. He had a boat prior to meeting me for about 10 years but sold it to pursue a new hobby. Roping. 

Looks like there will be more fish recipes on my Cooking Blog soon! 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin