Thursday, March 12, 2020

As promised Chemo Update

 I do realize this a bit late but let me tell you people that Chemo is the WORST thing I've ever experienced in my life! I would not wish it on the devil himself!

The first day of treatment I was gung-ho a real little warrior but day two and three not so bad a bit nauseated but made it. If I could remember The next three days I would tell you but they are a blurr!

I could not talk, eat , walk or in any way communicate for 2 weeks or more. Then came the weakness unbelievable. I am down 30 pounds and feel ever part of that. So that is the bad news. On a lighter note ...


Next week we go in for treatment two oh yippee. I know I am a very positive person but this cancer thing is really a mood killer. My husband God Bless That Man watched from afar and walked around this house as if it were a museum. I truly believer he was so scared. But with out Pa I do not know how I would have survived.

Not to mention those two children I gave birth to. Henry and Heather Anne called Pa ever day as I could not communicate for a while. They have been their Hank has taken me to doctor's appointments. Heather Anne has sent care packages that put me into tears of joy. And that little Bean and the honesty that comes out of kids mouths is just what I need ever time I talk with her. She always puts a smile on our faces. Especially Pa she holds a special place in his heart.


Now lets talk friends. I have so many wonderful people in my life. For two weeks all I could do was repond to any texts with an emoji of a bed. But the cards and notes of hope were amazing. I have gotten bags of books and books on CD. I get amazing care packages from mystery people and they touch my heart. I have always been a very independent person and no matter how independent I think I am my friends rock my world.

I know I promised to keep you updated but this is a tougher road then I ever imagined but with all of you your friendship, love and prayers I will make it through this.

Thank You Everyone you are in my prayers of gratitude and love daily! 

5 comments:

Robin said...

Oh Lani,
I’m so very sorry you have endured this painful journey thus far. Praying for you and missing you at our weekly gatherings. Know we are praying for you and holding you in our hearts. You are rocking the bald head! Love you! Robin ❤️❤️❤️

Jennifer Taliaferro said...

You are a warrior! I adore you. Praying that your next round goes a bit smoother. ❤

Denise charlotte Stafford said...

Dear Loni,
You are and always have been a warrior!
I am praying for you and your sweet family at this time. Love you bunches!

God Bless you always,
Denise Stafford

Michelle Roscom said...

This brought back so many memories that weren’t long ago! I know your pain & I know it’s immeasurable. Keeping you in prayer 🙏🏻

Rhonda said...

Hi Lani, wacky Rhonda here! Your hubby sounds a lot like my Mr. Cowboy.....I dedicated an Aretha Franklin song to him......You’re All I Need To Get By.
Take care my friend!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin