Thursday, November 17, 2016

Seven Year Itchy

Downsizing is that word or a job? Heather Anne and her Hubby Christopher Robin seem to think it is. Now in all honestly Christopher does not say much but the face is telling it all. Ok ok so I do have to admit the 123 Starbucks coffee stoppers was a bit much but that was my Mommy's idea she thought we could make Christmas tree's out of them. Alright so she has been dead 3 years. No issues they are gone now. I laughed so hard I peed my pants.

Pa and I just went on our first vacation in 7 years. No shit we really took a good look at our lives and where we are headin'. I think we are going to flip a bitch and go in another direction starting in 2017 or so. So many of us wait until it is to late to make change and enjoy life while we still do not have to use a walker, life alert or just hope the kids come visit! Alright enough of that. Please have no worry we will live in the home we are in until we are very old. er






So vacation you say we went to Sacramento and Paradise here in California. in Paradise we had a mission to go see my Granma's grave and leave a bit of my daddy with her. I had not been back there since I was in the 10th grade at her funeral. I spent many a summer up there with her. She taught me how to sew and so many other great hobbies.

She is my canning queen from days gone by!

Oh and this part of the stpry is so koo-koo I wanted to go drive by my grandma's home I have so many great memories of things we did. Well Never I say never do that! I was so fricken excited turn left here honey righthere ok ok it is right there on the ....holy shit...... there in my Grandmother's yeard was the Family from Deliverance. yes no shit they had 4 teeth total for 6 people and they saw us cruze by slow and got up and headed toward us while the other kin' went for the home. Pa told me to loose the camera and lock the door's. Oh Honey it is not that bad let's go back by. He is such a gift that Hubby of mine! Back we go and there by the front gate is Ma and her son by her 3 cousin second removed staring at us




The area and the time away from home was a much needed escape.








We were able to have dinner with our cousin's in Davis. Now Davis there is another stranger than strange town. It is a college town and that is great but shit bike city. And trust me they have the right of way even when they don't. We left the restaurant after 9 and there were many a student and local alike that were how do you say Wasted.... Oh we drove 7 miles an hour avoiding bikers and drunk students and forgot to ask Cousin Carol how to get to the freeway. Good Times!




So when we got home which was the whole point of this story the kid's Heather and Christopher had a staycation at our home. That is when the conversation started with "You have a lot of "stuff" Mom!' They are of the Minimalist Generation have no more than you need. Good Concept but not in my reality!

And to be honest that is why moving is not an issue for me do you know how much shit I would have to sell. Because God as my witness I will not move all this stuff!



So Granpa and I have decided since we talked so much about what a great yard we have for grand-kids well will stay long enough to get Ponies and Chicken's oh me oh my!




No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin