Tuesday, September 6, 2016

I Thank God

This poem always reminds me of how grateful I must be.I just had a little Granddaughter this past June and she is the light of everyone's life. I get a bit of a tear just thinking of her. My Mama and Daddy watch over her daily.

So when my Little hooligans were young a woman gave me a poem and I have kept it close because it reminds me of how grateful I should be. Here you go !




I Thank God

For the teenager who is not doing the dishes but is watching TV,
Because that means she is home and not on the streets.

For the taxes that I pay,
Becuase it means I am employed,

For the mess to clean after the party,
Because it means I have friends.

For the clothes that fit a little to tight,
Because it means I have enough to eat.

For my shadow that watches me work,
Because it means I am out in the sunshine.

For a lawn that needs mowing, window that need cleaning and
gutters that need fixing, because it means I have a home.

For all the complaining I hear about the government,
Because it means I have freedom of speech.

For the parking spot I find at the far end of the parking lot,
Because it means I am capable of walking and that I have been blessed with transportation.

For my hugh heating bill,
Because it means I am warm.

For the lady behind me in chrich that sings off key,
Because it means that I can hear.

For the pile of laundry and ironing,
Because it means I have clothes to wear.

For weariness and aching muscles at the end of the day,
Because it means I have been capable of working.

For the alarm that goes off early in the morning,
Because it means I am alive.

And finally ......
For to much email,
Because it means I have friends who are thinking of me!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin