Monday, January 5, 2015

Church Crashers

BFF in C yes this is me with my Best Friend Finding Church. Shelly feels the need for a  little Spirituality/Baybay Jesus so we have set out on an adventure this 2015 to find it. What is "It" we are not quite sure what "It" is but so far I think this is going to be a Spiritual Hoot!

I never knew Church Hopping could be so much fun!

Cornerstone Chruch



Church what a great concept a building where people gather with like minds in hopes of hitting a home run with God.

I am a "good" Catholic girl with a sailor's mouth BUT baybay Jesus does not care I am gold in his eyes.



Well our first step into Holy-ville was Cornerstone Church. Let me make it clear I mean NO  disrespect to any church I critique, but people need to know and this is great all the way around. How? You get to know about Churches in your good ole Simi Valley and we get Spiritual.

I have known about this church for sometime and I know women and boy's who attend and they "Love" it. So off Shelly and I go to Cornerstone Church . We enter nice people (no real warm and fuzzy), gather some paperwork and find a seat. I spot a friend from long ago and chat. Shhhhh the service is about to start. Let us all stand for a song!

"I can hear the angels calling" Then the choir Rock Band starts. Mind you it is so loud the drummer is behind an acrylic room! It only took about 30 seconds and Shelly said I am going to wait in the hall! Ok no reason she has been ill so I think she is a little icky. After about 1 minutes I notice it has gotten louder and I am having flashbacks of In the Gadda Via by Iron Butter Fly I had to go into the hall with my Pal. We sat back and yes the walls were vibrating ! Now I am a lover of music as everyone knows but really!  Wait there is a doughnut !

 Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I think the music stopped!




Back in we go for the service. Still in a spiritual state of mind. Well the Pastor was so full of energy (coffee) I could not keep up with him. I think the topic was "we were on fire" "he's on fire" "Put out the fire". I tried to keep up with the Bible pages but the dear soul was talking to fast for these ole' finger's or mind to keep up. But I did throw out all the matches in my purse as to keep the sermon in mind "fire" 



All in all here is the Review of Cornerstone Church or as I put it

 And Baybay Jesus said .....

"The Church of What;s Happenin' Now" This church was packed and this is the beauty of it. For today's generation of young adults it did my heart good to see so many young people. This church is community involved and wonderful choice for a place of worship just not for us!


Great Building
Nice Congregation
Super Rock Band for Baybay Jesus
Super good variety of donuts
Dynamic Pastor
This church was packed and this is the beauty of it. For today's generation of young-in's.




I give this church 1 Our Father and 3 Hail Mary Rock and Roll !

Cornerstone Church
2080 Winifred Street, Simi Valley, CA 93063 - 

Gosh I love Sunday AM

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin