Saturday, January 8, 2011

The Heart Surgery......


Well yesterday Mimi was my hero she spent the whole day with me at the hospital.......and we laughed i think most people were saying party at OR room #9 ......If you have to spend time in a hospital she is the one to spend it with.....SO yesterday i had my second heart surgery this one is just a lets put a pacemaker thing in her so we can keep track of her...I swear I think hubby paid them to put this devise in me so he can keep track of me......Anywho I got home last night late and I hate hate hate taking Vicodin because it makes me so ill the next day not the day i take it the next day like a hang over who a thought.......and it has always made me ill and i know it will make me ill and I know that it is not for me because it will make me ill.....but ..yeah always a but with me......but last night I ate a little something and Apron Strings got me a chocolate shake and I was in pain so he said ya know if you take you vicodin now while you have a full stomach it will not make you sick tomorrow.....So I took one and low and behold I am so naucous today but I knew I would get sick I just needed someone to co-sign my feelings and pop goes the pain pill.......lol...i just guess i needed3d to be reminded in case i forgot that it makes me sick so i took it just to make sure it still would make me sick.......How sick is that.....Well I'm off to sleep off the icky tummy the pain is getting better every hour.....God Bless

9 comments:

Doris Sturm said...

I think you must be the most positive person because I've never heard anyone bounce back from heart surgery and be so chipper about it -there's normally a bunch of ho-humming, but you are so upbeat about it and I think that's why your procedure went well because you have a very positive attitude towards the whole thing. God bless you and I'll be praying for a speedy recovery and that everything goes well so that you don't have to do that again.

At least you got it out of the way, so hopefully you can have a wonderful New Year-

Tangos Treasures said...

Keeping you in my prayers!

Sherry said...

WHAT?! You're too young for a pacemaker. They're for old geasers!!! I bet you hit the nail on the head. It's a tracking device...but it's from the aliens. Have you checked hubby to make certain he hasn't been replaced by aliens?!

And next time ask for some phenergan to help with the nausea. My mother can't take narcotics either. The phenergan works for a day or two...after that it doesn't work at all.

God bless you and heal you quickly!

Lupi said...

Praying for you. Get rest! With the pacemaker, do you still have to take medication regularly?

Rosanne said...

Wishing you a speedy recovery!

Diah Rothman said...

Lani, my prayer for your recovery, soon.

Kaye said...

Lani, Havent posted much the past few months, read yours today and was so surprised about your Heart Surgery. Hope all is well and you are ON the road to recovery. Behave and do what the Doctor tells you to. Hugs, Kaye

Erzebat said...

glad you are doing ok! I will let the grannies know they need to keep an eye on ya. I agree with the vicoden....nasty shit. I can take one dose and motrin 800s after that. be strong kiddo! (mauh) Liz

Rhonda said...

Just wanted to let you know that I'm thinking of you Lani...
BTW.....when I was teaching 10 year olds...I could have used some vicoden or whatever those pills are called....LOL
Take care.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin