Now ya know I'm a beef girl but these days it is good to twist the recipe for health reasons after all getting a little itty bitty older so here is a few tips and a new recipe please rem3ember this is not a professional cooking site just a good yummy lets get cookin with Maz.......
Just Maz Turkey Chili
2 pds fresh turkey ground
One/Two medium yellow onion - chopped
2 whole garlic cloves
2 tablespoons chili powder
1 1/2 tablespoons paprika
1 tablespoon ground cumin
1 tablespoon oregano
1 can of stewed tomatoes puréed
1 cup of chicken broth
1 can black beans
1 can of chili beans
1 ½ tablespoon tomato paste
2 tablespoons of chopped jalapeño from a can is good
- Ok I sauté the onions with the two garlic cloves
- Add the turkey and continue to sauté when it is just browning
- Now add your spices so it can cook with the turkey
- Once all this is well cooked you can move on to the rest of the additives just add everything else it all cooks up delightful
- The chicken broth is to thin out the chili if needed i love the extra taste
The whole thing should take about 1 hour total prep and cooking. I will leave mine on the stove on low heat for aleast a half hour prior to serving just gives it more time to delicious up. Hey , it is even better the next day......
The pictures I put are not professional but just to help you know that is is ok to just cook.
Enjoy this chili with some warm rolls.......chopped raw onions and cheese to top it ….xoxo
A few tips :
- Now I keep them whole or you can chop them the reason mine are whole is because everyone does not like the smell of garlic on there breathe….and after the chili is done or the next day I just discard the garlic ..poof gone but the taste is ther
- I freeze whole garlic and use it when needed and it is ok to do I learned it in cooling class
- Also I puree the tomatoes rather than buy tomato sauce I don’t know it just is a different taste
- Be creative and use different spices to your own taste that is what makes thing so delicious…Mix it up do not be scared..
- Buy your tomato paste in a tube see the sample below you can keep it in the door of the frig for the next use