Sunday, November 21, 2010

These cookies rock ....

Disappearing 12x12 Oatmeal Cookies

Ingredients

1 cup butter
1/2 cup Crisco (softened)
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs (4 whites)
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 12/2 cups of all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon or nutmeg (which do you like best)
3 cups of Oats (I like old fashion never cooked...)
1 cup raisins
1 cup nuts pick you kind i like walnut or macadamia
1 cup semi- sweet chocolate or chuck chocolate what do you desire...

Directions:

Ok oven......all ovens are different and you need to adjust I do my cookies at 325 cause 350 always cooks the edges to fast...So start at 325 you know your oven right? I cook mine for 12 minutes and always check them at 10 i don't know it is like they are little cookie children that need mommy to check on them....

Cookie sheet you can line it with parchment or not. I don't it seems there is enough butter and Crisco that nothing is ever going to stick to this cookie sheet.....I use two cookie sheets at a time in the oven but it does not seem to make a difference in the cooking time...per batch

  • Beat the butter and sugars together till they are creamy
  • In a separate bowl beat your eggs and vanilla just till it is mixed now add it to the butter mixture
  • I'm a real stickler on making sure things are mixed there is nothing worse then taking a bite of these delicious cookies and getting a big bite of something that did not mix up ...get it????
  • Ok add the vanilla and eggs to the sugar mixture. Mix it up
  • In yet another bowl sift the flour , baking soda and cinnamon/nutmeg together
  • Now add that to the mixture your almost there.....exciting huh!
  • Alright now add the oats....the raisins....nuts....chips......
  • Here is my secret you know the 1/2 cup of shortening. It should be soft you are going to have to get your hands dirty...Mix the Crisco shortening into the mix make sure it is through out....this makes the edges cook crispy like yet the inside seems to be just gooey enough...Look it works for me and my thousands of followers....lol
  • I use gloves all the time in the kitchen because it sure makes life easier just pop off the gloves and on to the next step..think about it(Surgical Gloves)
  • Ok all mixed up lets get these guys on a cookie sheet. I put 12 to a sheet for 12 they do not spread to much and keep there shape nicely. Use what you will to scoop i use an old fashion plain ole everyday spoon soup spoon. I know Ice Cream Scoop but I'm to cheap to buy one just for cookies and my scoop is a flat one.......
Please keep an eye on these little ones. Check them after 10 minutes use a toothpick to get just the texture you want.......I'm really sure the ole 12 x 12....... 12 on a sheet for 12 minutes

Take the cookies out let them cool for about 5 minutes before you transfer them to the cookie rack..... Now go get a big glass of Milk or a hot cup of coffee...tea oh heck just grab a hot one and eat it....Enjoy ...xoxo

Enjoy and please email me with any questions you have about any of my recipes....
lanilasko@hotmail.com

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin