Friday, September 24, 2010

Pumpkin Pie

Pumpkin Pie from scratch

A pumpkin should cook up to 3 cups or so less or more is ok
A cup of sugar
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp of ground cloves
1 tsp of ground all spice
½ tsp pf ground ginger
1 tsp vanilla extract
½ tsp salt
4 eggs
3 cups of fresh pumpkin

Now a pumpkin is a pumpkin is a pumpkin no it is not there are two types the pie pumpkins and the jack o lantern I grow my own so a jack oh lantern it is. There are also many ways to cook your pumpkin my way just wash it put the whole thing on a tray and cook the little guy in the oven at 425 for 45 miniutes to an hour and a half till he is fork tender. Then you can cut him in half scrap out the seeds for the kids and hubby Get rid of the hairy stuff and cook it more covered in the micro or oven to get it fork tender through and through.

Ok once it is cooked scrap the inners out and put it in your food processor if you don’t have one use your blender or anything that will make a mash that is satisfying to you.
Add all your spices and the liquid (eggs) ya know you can add a pinch of cream to thicken it up if you want to . I do but I’m partial to cream in all things pie like.

Did you buy a pie crust or make it from scratch. I made my first one from scratch with this recipe and it was so flaky it crumbed right in my mouth,…but it was good we still try to perfect that recipe but for now look up pie crust recipes on the internet or maybe buy one yeah that sounds really good,.

Ok pour your pumpkin mush in the pie pan and cook in the oven for oh 45 minutes till a fork comes out clean and it looks done not hard to judge this one……… look at my pictures mine was looking pretty good and tasted even better ………….. Enjoy this is so much easier than I thought it would be

Clean your seeds and bake them in the oven at 325 for about 15 minutes salt them up and enjoy them.....my kids loved this when they were little now I mail them to the Island of Oakland for Chris to enjoy...he is my seed eater... God Bless

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin